News and Annoucements
Band Camp this year is from July 27 - July 31. Registering for Band Camp is free. You don't pay until the first day of camp. Please follow the link to register.
Band Camp Facts for this year.
1) On Monday July 27th, we will be staggering arrivals and check in to limit the amount of students in the building retrieving their instruments and music (separate email with schedule to follow). We will only have access to the bandroom from the back door by the softball field, behind the auditorium. If your child is riding with another student, please have them remain in the car or off to the side away from the practice field until their scheduled check in time.
2) Upon arrival each day, students and staff will have their temperature taken with a contactless thermometer and answer a questionnaire regarding COVID-19 symptoms and exposure. Please make sure you read the detailed letter from Mr. Shepich regarding the district’s expectations for your student to return to rehearsal if symptoms arise.
3) All rehearsals for the week will be outside where we can maintain appropriate social distancing at all times. Rehearsals, marching drill, and evening activities will be designed to maintain social distancing at all times, limiting the amount of time we are together as a whole group as much as possible. As a precautionary measure, all students and staff will have a mask on their person at all times. Weather forecasts will be monitored closely during the week. In the case of inclement weather, because we have no access to an indoor rehearsal space, notification regarding cancellation of rehearsals will be sent the night before in the form of email and Remind message. If weather conditions become inclement in the middle of rehearsal please prepare a plan for your student to be picked up immediately. Please ensure that students are wearing appropriate clothing and footwear in case of rain.
4) All students (except for tubas and percussion) will be required to take their instruments home after rehearsal each day as we will be reporting to the practice field for rehearsals and not the band room.
5) All students will need to have a Flip Folder (folio) and a Lyre upon arrival at band camp on Monday as we will not be inside at all during the week and will not be using stands.
6) Students will be responsible for their own water bottles and lunch each day, there will be no water jugs provided this year. Please make sure everything is labeled with the student’s name. Lunches must be individual and no sharing of food will be permitted. This is unbelievably important not just because of COVID-19, but also because we have to make sure our students have the energy to make it through the day and be totally hydrated. I would recommend at a bare minimum sending 24-48 oz per day.
7) Students are not allowed to leave campus for any reason and return to rehearsal. Please make sure they come every day with lunch, water, all rehearsal materials, etc.
8) Trips to the bathroom will be permitted only one at a time and upon entering the building, students and staff will need to wear their mask.
The band boosters and I are working on getting as many canopies as we can to provide shade and keep appropriate social distancing throughout the week. We are looking for canopies that can be taken down each day so that we can keep them secure overnight. We have a few already, but if you have one we could use for the week, we would really appreciate it. We are also working very hard to make sure that even though we will have to operate differently during band camp this year, it will still be a fun and positive experience for our students!
A contact form has been added to the 'Contact' menu. If you want to be kept informed of upcoming band events and activities (or just want to provide emergency contact information, etc.) please share whatever contact information you feel comfortable providing. This information will not be made publicly available (it's stored in a password-protected account with Google) and will only be used for band-related events/activities.